Thursday, April 4, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 24

Day 24 (the end is in sight!): Describe your first job.

My first job was at a doctor's office. I honestly don't remember what exactly I was hired to do.  It was supposed to be a temporary job doing something with old charts.  I just remember sitting in the employee kitchen with the charts.  I was making $5 an hour and my first paycheck was $55!  I thought I was rich!! LOL They must have liked me because I went from that to doing filing after school.  More and more responsibilities were added as time went on.  I graduated high school and a full time receptionist position opened up, so I took it.  I worked at different medical offices, with college classes thrown in, until I was 25 and quit to stay home with my kids.  So, I guess you could say my first job turned into a career of sorts.

2 comments:

  1. Hee! The end is in sight...but how will you feel about blogging when you're done with prompts! LOL!

    Ah, I remember when $55 felt like a windfall... Now, it would cover my water bill for a couple of months, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $55 won't even fill the tank in my mini van! How sad is that!

      And I will keep blogging. We'll see how frequently. I've got a few ideas rolling around in my head of stuff I want to talk about. Stay tuned! ;)

      Delete