Monday, March 11, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

  • I remember being 4 and riding my tricycle in the kitchen.  I'm still not sure why my mother was letting  me ride my tricycle in the kitchen, but whatever.  Anyway, I'm riding and I rolled over the cord for the toaster oven and it fell on my leg.  I got a really bad burn on my thigh.  The skin there is still discolored.  It doesn't show so much, except in the summer when I get tan.  
  • The Christmas I was 8 and I wanted a My Child doll.  They were these dolls that had skin that was supposed to be soft like a real baby and could be bought with whatever eye and hair color you wanted.  Of course, I wanted green eyes and light brown hair like me.  I remember telling my mother that if she got me that she didn't have to get my anything else!  I was SO disappointed when I opened the gifts from my parents and I didn't get one.  Later that day, we went to my grandparents house and the very last gift I opened was the doll I had wanted.  I was beside myself!  I still remember the joy!  And, yes, I still have the doll! 
  • Visiting my grandparents on Friday nights watching the Dukes of Hazzard, playing Scrabble and falling asleep on Grandpa's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment