Monday, March 18, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 22

Day 22: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 

These questions are always tough for me.  I am not a long term thinker.  It's why I'll never be good at chess and it drives my hubby nuts.  

Let's see, in 5 years, I'll be 42 with a 16 year old, a 14 year old, and a 7 year old.  So, I'll probably teaching the oldest to drive, dealing with boyfriends with her (UGH), *maybe* looking at colleges,  *maybe* starting to deal with girlfriends with the 14 year old, but I doubt it (he's so shy), hopefully, he'll have matured a bit and be a bit more independent.  I love that he loves me so much, but I do try to push him away from the nest at times, too.  I'm sure the little one will just be a typical 7 year old. I have a feeling he'll be the adventurous one and I see numerous trips to the ER for bumps, bruises, and perhaps broken limbs in his future.

In 10 years, I'll be 47 with a 21 year old (YIKES), 19 year old, and a 12 year old.  I'm guessing by then I'll have to go back to work since I'll probably have 2 kids in college at that point.  I'm not sure if college is in the cards for Ian.  He is not a student.  He is a "do-er".  He learns by doing and books are just NOT his thing.  Of course, I realize he's still young and that could change, but I see him maybe going to a technical school and learning a trade versus a traditional 4 year college.  I have no problem picturing Ellie in a 4 year college.  She's so smart and learning just comes so naturally to her.  I could even see her maybe going on to more education, like law school, if she could just focus herself.  Ryan, I have no idea.  He's still too young to tell.  Right now, extreme skateboarding does not seem out of the realm of possibility with him.  

In 15 years, WOW!  I don't even know!  Like I said, I'm not a long term thinker.  I'll be 52.  Hubby and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary that year!! That will be something! Maybe I'll be a grandmother by then.  I'll have a 26 year old, a 24 year old, and a 17 year old.  My child-rearing days will be just about done.  If I don't have grandchildren, I know I'll be waiting anxiously for them! LOL  Maybe I'll go back to school.  I would love to travel some.  I'm sure God has something in store for me.  I'll just trust Him to keep revealing it to me one step at a time.  I know He has more in store for me than I can even imagine.  It's so comforting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment