Monday, February 25, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 14

Day 14: Describe 5 strengths you have.

This one is going to be a little harder than yesterday's weakness post.  Let me think....

  1. I definitely see my sense of humor as a strength.  Being able to laugh at things, particularly myself, has gotten me through some really tough times in life.
  2. Physically, I'm stronger than most people give me credit for.  It always amazes people when they see me lifting heavy stuff.  It really is funny.  I mean, I'm not going to be benching 350 or anything, but I can probably help you move your couch, if you need me to.
  3. I can remember the most, random, useless facts.  I consider it a strength because I read stuff and remember a lot of it.  It can make me sound intelligent in most conversations.  Of course, I have to be careful not to come across as a "know it all".  I don't like "know it alls". 
  4. I care about people. I guess to some this would be a weakness, but I consider it a strength.  People need to know they're cared for. 
  5. I would have to say my greatest strength, though, is that I know that, on my own, I have no strength.  My strength comes from the Lord.  He sustains me.  Without Him, I can do nothing.
I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. ~ Psalm 18:1-3

2 comments:

  1. I have read in numerous places that it is far easier for us to point out our weaknesses than our strengths, mostly because we don't want to appear like we're immodest. I believe it is a fine line, however. To deny my strengths always feels somewhat ungrateful for the blessings of God-given talents, but it's a challenge to feel as though you are acknowledging them with gratitude and without coming off as prideful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Dawn, very true. God has given us all our gifts to be used for Him, not to be bragged about or hoarded, but to be used and shared for His purposes.

      Delete