Thursday, February 7, 2013

5 years ago

Hi!  Me again!  I meant to post last night, but I fell asleep. Nothing new there.  I realized yesterday that it had been 5 years, to the day, since my miscarriage.  I still get a little sad thinking about it.  We hadn't planned to have any more children after the first 2.  I knew something was up, though, that month.  I took a test and it was positive, but I also knew something wasn't "right" with the pregnancy.  I've heard that from a lot of women who have experienced miscarriage.  I prayed and prayed that I would be wrong, but that baby wasn't meant to be here on Earth.  I thank God, though, that she's safe in heaven and I will meet her one day.  I only say "she" because in my heart, I feel it was a girl.  I also thank God that He took her because if there was something wrong and she wasn't "right", the world can be a cruel place.  Of course, I would have loved her with all the love a mother can give, but life is not so kind.  This way, she never has to know life's hardships. She'll only ever know the peace and joy and love of heaven.  I look forward to that day when I can hold her in my arms as well as my heart.  God's words are true, so I know that day will come. "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” ~ Job 1:21

What made losing her even harder is that my best friend had also just found out she was expecting at the same time.  It would have been SO much fun to be pregnant and have babies at the same time.  She went on to have the sweetest girl, Katrina Joy.  And, yes, Miss Katrina, holds a very special place in my heart.  It's like having a little piece of my own little one.  Katrina loves all things "girl" and is a true princess at  heart.  Isn't she just the cutest?

Anyway, that was 5 years ago.  Life goes on.  If I had carried that baby, I wouldn't have my little Ryan.  Another amazing surprise from God.  Note: If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans! LOL  Here's a totally gratutitous picture of Ryan, just because it's my blog and I can and I think he's pretty darn cute!

 
Thanks for reading! God bless!!

2 comments:

  1. One of my very favorite quotes is "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." Every time I think I know what I want and how I'm going to get it, He gently reminds me His way is so much better. ..but often not without the humor of a loving Father. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God's plans are always MUCH better than our own! :)

      Delete