Monday, February 18, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 7

Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?

Good question.  I'm not really sure I have a "dream job".  I would love to have a job working with small kids, like ages 3-5, particularly where I could share the love of Christ with them.  I believe if you can get the simple truths of Scripture into kids at that early age, that God created them, He loves them, Jesus died for them, that it will never leave them.  God promised His word would not come back void (Isaiah 55:11).  Plus, I think kids that age are just a lot of fun.  They have so much personality and you can be silly with them and, if you want to be a hero, all you have to do is bring out the box of crayons!  They really go nuts when you bring out the graham crackers! LOL  So, I guess my dream job would be a teacher or helper at a Christian preschool.  I know, someone reading this is thinking I'm nuts, but that's ok.  I know it would be a tough job at times, but it's really something I think I would enjoy.  





 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's nuts to want to work with kids, but that is never the age I would pick. LOL! Truly each person who works with an age group has a special set of gifts. I loved working with the under-2's, but a lot of people can't handle the neediness and the "ick" factor. ;-) If someone was drawn to the preschool group, I just tip my cap, because I know it just isn't one of my strengths to handle that day in and day out, at least not very gracefully. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the under-2 crowd too, but the 3-5 year olds appeal to me because they can talk and ask such great questions. And they believe whatever you tell them. They have no problem accepting the love of Christ. It's so wonderful! I totally get why Christ said that we need to come to Him as a little child when I see them. They just accept it without question. So awesome!!

      Delete