Sunday, February 3, 2013

My first official blog post

Well, here it is.  My first official blog post.  Mark your calendars.  February 3, 2013, 6:22 am.  I've thought about writing a blog for a long time, and here it is.  I'm like that a lot.  I have to think about things for a long time before I do them.  There's no special reason for starting today.  I just happened to have the time.  

First, let me introduce myself.  I'm Theresa or Terrie or just T.  I answer to all of them, so take your pick.  I'm married to a wonderful guy named Keith.  It will be our 15th anniversary in March.  Looking back 15 years seems like a lifetime.  We were just kids back then.  LOL  But looking ahead, we still have a lifetime to live, if God lets us.  We've had our ups and downs and our times when we've wanted to throw in the towel, but we've stuck it out and God has blessed us because of it.  During that 15 years, God has seen fit to bless us with 3 children, Elizabeth Claire, age 11 (Ellie for short), Ian David, age 9, and Ryan Marcus (our bonus surprise), age 2.  I'm sure I'll talk about them a lot.  I'm a stay-at-home mom, so they take up a lot of my time and energy.  I love being a wife and mother.  I believe that it's the highest calling a woman can have.  That's where the name came from for my blog.  Proverbs 31 is a chapter in the Bible all about the virtuous woman and all that she does for her family.  

Ok.  In case you haven't guessed already, my faith is pretty important to me.  I'll talk about that a lot in my blog.  I talk about it a lot in real life.  It's like breathing to me.  I just can't stop.  God has been so good to me.  He gave His only son, Jesus, so that I could live forever with Him someday.  The least I could do live my life to serve Him and make Him known to the rest of the world.  If you've never accepted God's free gift of salvation, please check out this link: God's Simple Plan of Salvation.

I did want to share this song I heard for the first time this morning.  It's sung by Avalon.  I'm not crazy about the music, actually, but the lyrics describe me really well.

I grew up in Sunday school, I memorized the Golden Rule
And how Jesus came to set the sinner free
I know the story inside out, and I can tell you all about the path that led Him up to Calvary
But ask me why He loves me, and I don't know what to say
But I'll never be the same because He changed my life when He became...

Everything to me
He's more than a story
More than words on a page of history
He is the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything, everything to me

We're living in uncertain times
And more and more I find that I'm aware of just how fragile life can be
I wanna tell the world I've found, a love that turned my life around
They need to know that they can taste and see
Now everyday I'm prayin' just to give my heart away
I wanna live for Jesus, so that someone else might see that He is...

Everything to me
He's more than a story
More than words on a page of history)
He's the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything,


And lookin' back over my life at the end, I'll go to meet You, sayin You've been..

Everything to me
More than a story
More than words on a page of history


I guess that's all for now.  I don't plan to have a schedule.  I'll just write stuff as the muses inspire me.  Have a blessed day! Thanks for reading!
 

6 comments:

  1. Yay for you T! I look forward to more posts and your musings! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, girl. Congrats on your first post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to start off a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be interested to read your next posts Terrie. Thanks for the lyrics of the song. I heard that on the radio over a year ago and didn't know the artist or song title, but it was especially the words "He's more than a story." Because He manifests Himself to His children in hundreds of ways throughout their days, becoming more and more intimately part of our lives, well He is my life really! So Yes! Yes! He is more than a story to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best blogging advice I've ever gotten is this: Be genuine in what you write, because this place is a reflection of who you are, not just "for others" but more importantly for yourself, when you get enough distance from this post to look back. When you feel inspired, write it down -- if you can't get it down here, right away, then scratch it on the corner of an envelope, scribble it on a napkin, whatever you can do to preserve that flash of an idea before it gets muddled by distractions. The more your use this space, the more you will use this space -- or writing begets more writing.

    I hope you have fun on your new blogging adventure! I've loved my outlet in my little corner of the internet for over 8 years now. "Archive diving" is such a wonderful way to reflect and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Theresa.
    Glad you are now a blogger. Keep it real and keep talking about God. That is what we are here for.

    ReplyDelete